Preparing for a Wind Storm
Hard to believe with summer just being over and fall beginning, that we need to worry about wind storms. Every year SERVPRO OF EUREKA gets calls to jobs with damages from the strong winds. we would like to give you a few tips on preventing damage from a wind storm.
- Secure items that are in your yard before a storm. Cars, boats, trailers, ATVs or anything large out in the open, including patio furniture, make sure you have a plan to secure it all. This could mean finding a place for it in storage or securing belongings with ropes .
- Cut overhanging tree limbs. Any tree that spreads its branches over your roof or over your cars could result in dangerous damages during a wind storm.
- Make sure your shingles are strong and in good repair.
- Stock up your emergency supply kit. Often wind storms cause power outages. It is important to be prepared with enough water and non-perishables in the event that power outages last longer than expected.
- Be sure that your insurance is up to date on all of your belongings.
SERVPRO OF EUREKA wants to help you remain safe during Humboldt County's blustery wind storms. Please give us a call if you need help preparing or have had any damage done by the high winds! 707-445-9000