SERVPRO OF EUREKA REPRESENTS AT THE B-52 BASEBALL GAME!
SERVPRO OF EUREKA AT THE B-52'S GAME!!
On July 14, 2017, SERVPRO OF EUREKA attended the Humboldt Association of Realtors Member Appreciation Mixer and B-52's game. Humboldt Association of Realtors treated us to a pre-game All-American style BBQ of hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and watermelon! Emily and Ariel attended with their families and had a great time socializing with the other Affiliates and Realtors of Humboldt County. It was an exciting game and unfortunately the B52's dropped the game in extra innings to the Fairfield Folena with a score of 1-2. The game was lost but the fun had by the families made it a winner of a day!!
Introducing the newest members to our SERVPRO OF EUREKA TEAM!!
Emily working at an event for HUMBOLDT ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
At SERVPRO OF EUREKA we are continuing to grow! In the last couple of months we have hired two new team members!! Both of which have already proven their incredible worth in a short amount of time!
Emily is our new Sales and Marketing Representative and an amazing addition to the Marketing Team! Her drive and willingness to put in the ground work sets her way above the rest! She is tuned in to the industries of Humboldt County and definitely has her finger on the pulse of where SERVPRO OF EUREKA can benefit those industries! We are thrilled to have hired such an energetic and tenacious Marketer!
Andrew is what we consider a "goldmine"!! He came to us with already so much experience, it was an effortless transition to the team. It is not often we have someone come into the office for an interview and they get hired on the spot! Andrew is that special of a hire!! He brings with him certification in IICRC in Water Damage Restoration and Commercial Drying. Not only is he a knowledgeable Technician, he is a wise and kind beyond his years! SERVPRO OF EUREKA is excited for his future with our company!
Fire Facts that may surprise you.
FLSA has compiled some information and statistics to help you practice effective fire prevention habits, understand the causes of fire, learn more about fire protection, and minimize your fear with facts.
- Fire kills almost 4000 Americans each year, more than all natural disasters combined.
- About one home fire is reported about every minute and a half each year.
- Smoke detectors save lives, minimize damage and limit injuries. About 60% of home fire deaths occur in homes with no smoke detectors.
- Exercise extra caution in the kitchen. Cooking and kitchen fires are the leading cause of home fires.
- Electric stoves are more likely to cause kitchen fires than gas stoves.
- When was the last time you had a professional inspection of your heating system? Faulty heating equipment is the next leading cause of home fires.
- What about those extension cords? Are you overloading electrical outlets? Electrical related fires are next in line behind kitchen and heating equipment home fires.
- Check your clothes dryer vents. Over 3000 dryer related fires occur each year in homes and apartments.
- What about fire and life safety on the road? It’s a good idea to keep a fire extinguisher in your vehicle. Approximately 200,000 vehicle related fires occur each year. That’s about one every three minutes.
- Celebrate your holidays safely. Fires caused by candles are most common on Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
- What about fireworks? They are a leading cause of fire and fire related injuries on special holidays. Be careful.
- Do you practice fire and life safety outdoors during routine and recreational activities? Annually, over 600,000 fires occur outdoors away from the home.
- Approximately 90% of all wildfires in the U.S. are caused by humans.
- Children playing with fire cause hundreds of deaths each year Teach fire protection and prevention. Keep them away from matches, lighters and flammable liquids!
- Stop smoking! If you choose to smoke be extra careful. Careless smokers are a leading cause of fires in the home and workplace.
- Cooking related fires are the most common type of fire related incidents at work. Most workplace fires occur between noon and 2PM.
- Over 25% of workplace related fires can be linked to electrical malfunctions.
- Is your sprinkler system OK? Flammable and combustible materials are common in many workplaces. They are also common causes of fire.
- The total cost of fires in the U.S. is estimated to be between 11 and 12 billion dollars annually.
- Close to 100% of fires are preventable!
AT SERVPRO OF EUREKA, WE HAVE SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE!!!
At SERVPRO OF EUREKA, we have something to celebrate!!! On June 22, 2017, our Awesome Owner, Bob Curran passed the California State General Contractor's license test!! Bob studied hard for this achievement and we are so proud of him! WAY TO GO BOB!!!!!!
Now, not only can SERVPRO OF EUREKA meet your restoration needs, we can also reconstruct your home to your satisfaction. We can handle the job from start to finish!
At SERVPRO OF EUREKA we are constantly striving to improve and educate ourselves in order to provide the very best services possible. We want our community to know that they are in capable hands when they intrust us with the job!
We have the mold solution for you!!!
Do you have mold??
If you live in Humboldt County, you certainly are not alone! Behind the "Redwood Curtain" we are the lucky ones to enjoy the vast forests of giant redwoods, green mountains, thrilling oceans and unfortunately lots and lots of the fungus that we call mold!!The cool, damp climate of this region makes its growth especially prevalent.
There are many differing opinions on how to rid your home of mold. Some say cleaning with vinegar, others say bleach. But here at SERVPRO OF EUREKA we have your REAL solution for your mold issues!!
We are proud to use the Goldmorr System, a non-destructive mold remediation.. We are the only ones certified to use this system in Humboldt County and are sought out for mold abatement because it doesn't kill mold, it ERASES IT!
There is very little down time after application allowing homeowners to get back to life in a clean dust and mold free environment! Call our office today to learn more about the Goldmorr System or schedule your own mold inspection!
SERVPRO OF EUREKA CELEBRATES THE GRAND OPENING OF THE MCKINLEYVILLE FIRE STATION!
SERVPRO OF EUREKA CELEBRATES AT PONY EXPRESS DAYS!
On Saturday, June 3rd, 2017, SERVPRO OF EUREKA helped celebrate the Grand Opening of the newly renovated McKinleyville Fire Station! Several hundred community members toured and admired the station during the 49th Annual Pony Express Days! The newly renovated station is a welcomed, beautiful addition to McKinleyville, California. Fire Chief Justin MacDonald invited Brooke, Emily and Rachelle from SERVPRO of EUREKA, to have a table during the Grand Opening and they had the time of their lives painting faces and handing out balloons to the hundreds of visiting future fire fighters!
SERVPRO OF EUREKA felt extremely fortunate to be included in the celebration and wishes the newly renovated station the best of luck in the years to come!
Humboldt County Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Clean Up and Restoration
This home's basement flooded due to heavy rain.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Humboldt basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (707)445-0900
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Eureka and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (707)445-0900
For Immediate Service in Humboldt County Call SERVPRO.
Residents: We Provide Immediate Service Day or Night
SERVPRO of Eureka provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Humboldt County. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (707)445-0900
Whether your Humboldt County home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Humboldt County commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: http://www.SERVPROeureka.com/commercial-cleaning
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Faster to Your Humboldt County Water Damage Event
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Eureka provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Eureka arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (707)445-0900
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Eureka
SERVPRO of Eureka specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Humbolt Home
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Eureka is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Eureka
SERVPRO of Eureka specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.